Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God Speaks

Just in the last few weeks, God has spoken to me a number of times regarding things Becky & I have been praying about. Was it audibly? May have well been! It was just as plain! In my daily time alone with Him (Quiet Time) is usually where I hear Him most. Recently He spoke through Scripture to give me a promise for the future. As I shared it with Becky He later affirmed it to her. His promises from Scripture are there for us to claim and He always keeps them. The first of October God spoke to me through a guest in from Sunday morning worship whom I visited with. He didn't know he was God messenger , but I knew. I believe that He was sent by God at a time I need to hear a special word. I received that word later as I visited with him. I say all this to say the today as from the beginning of time God speaks to us and in different ways. but we must be listening for Him in order to hear Him. The purpose for writing this is to encourage those who read this and are seeking a word from God to listen closely each day and He will speak. How I don't know. What I do know is, that it comes most often from His Word, but at times it comes through Godly believers!

No comments: