Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Value of Scripture

The value, the importance of SCRIPTURE can never be over emphasized. First of all the greatest purpose of it is to show us how we can belong to God. Secondly, it shows us how to live. I feel so blessed to be able to be alive in a time when SCRIPTURE is so readily available. I hurt for those who lived in a time it was not available and they had to depend on others to tell them about how to live. The Bible gives me an answer for all difficulties I face, the joy that I celebrate, there are not enough words to describe what it means to me.

As I read I Timothy 3:14-17 this morning, I am reminded of the importance of SCRIPTURE and it causes me to value it even more. The transformation it has made and is continuing to make in my life is indescribable! I had lunch with a young man yesterday who said, "my wife & I were talking this morning that if God never did another thing for us the rest of our lives, I would feel blessed already". How true! SCRIPTURE brought him to that point. Can't end without writing our the SCRIPTURE I read this morning.

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, (15) and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. (16) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (17) so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work".
II Timothy 3:14-17 (NIV)

I encourage you who read this blog to read and meditate on this SCRIPTURE and thank God for all SCRIPTURE!

No comments: